Server Updates

This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Egan 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Saleny
    Participant

Current Version: v243.91

* Fixed various Ptero and Quetz and Chair exploits that allowed getting thru Structures.

* Fixed issue where Tribe Alliances would not initially be loaded,
    causing pandemonium among Dinos and Turrets within cross-Alliance bases.

I also made some updates to the breeding multipliers.  I’ve been experimenting with hatching eggs on my own, starting with dodos, figuring they “should” be the easiest.  Hatch time isn’t bad, but maturation time was ridiculous. Considering you must hand feed a baby until it reaches juvenile status, and after feeding it for 30 minutes the maturation bar had not really even moved, I don’t think any of us would normally have any time to breed any dinos. I’ve upped the mating rate a bit (so they will lay fertilized eggs faster) and changed both the hatching and maturation timer from 1 to 20 (most research I did told me that was the consensus on many servers as a good time for people that don’t have 24 hours a day to play).

@Mahi – the issue with oil and crystal is that since the patch it’s not spawning in the places it was previously. Penguins are also not spawning and areas near the redwood forest are overpopulated.  Basically, they messed up the map with the biome change and have a lot of fixing to do.

Egan
    Participant

Current Version: v243.94
    * Fixed various important network issues involving teleporting/fast-travel resulting in ‘invisible’ Structures on Clients.
    * Improved server performance by approximately 5% depending on number of connected players.
    * Fixed issue where Rafts could appear in the incorrect location on Clients.

Dharkamen
    Participant

Somehow, Alphas are STILL not gone.  I saw a level 32 Alpha Raptor last night running around a mountain area.   I’m not sure we should worry about it though; we’ve complained a bunch but have they ever hurt anyone, really? :)  They’re just out doing their alpha thing and being a leader for their pack.   They definitely seem a lot less common though.

Saleny
    Participant

It’s possible the server update re-wrote the game.ini file that I’d customized.  Yeah, we’ll just leave it as is.  I think enough of us know the admin password to admin kill one if it’s being a nuisance. Thanks for running the update, Egan (at 5:30am???).

Egan
    Participant

LOL  I was up early … again… and needed to pass time before work. =)  Heck … we were talking about daily restarts, but it couldn’t be at a specific time.  I’m up early enough all the time, I could run a restart every morning if ya want.  =)

Saleny
    Participant

Updated to 243.95 – fixed some servers cpu issues

Mahinaaka
    Participant

Dhark, Noob and I both were killed by an alpha raptor last weekend when we played and went off exploring in the NE part of the map.  And the alpha camped his body so we couldn’t even get it back and ended up losing all his stuff.  LOL  Plus one killed one of our raptors last night.  So yes we’ve been hurt by the alphas!!!  LOL

Saleny
    Participant

I’ll try to fix the alpha situation again this weekend.  The problem comes in, whenever there is a patch that does anything to change the game settings, it may get overwritten and they can come back. I’d been playing with the breeding settings and I think that might be what caused the issue.

On another note – we’ve got TONS of resources at the main camp. If you lose ANYTHING please help yourself to hide, metal, etc to replace what you’ve lost.  If there’s something you can’t make, again, ask! You can make a post here and we can make the stuff and leave it for you somewhere or something.

You and Noob aren’t on as often as the rest of us, but whenever one of us gets in trouble we usual help find or replace what’s been lost. If there are dinos you want, ASK! Some are just really hard to get without some help (like that carno I tamed last night, I couldn’t have knocked it out without Nio carrying me by argent). You guys travel by land a lot, too. You might consider argents instead for quick getaways. The only time I’m on the ground is if I’m hunting for meat or hide or gathering resources with a dino near my base.

Dhark and I were talking about building a Supply Depot tree platform since the Redwoods is very central in the map and close to just about everyone by ptera or argent.  We can set up a drop chest where folks can leave a note of what they need then whomever can make it, makes it and leaves it for pickup.  I’m gonna work on the platform this weekend.

Saleny
    Participant

Updated to 244.1

Mahinaaka
    Participant

Noob is a very do it himself person, and I can be too.  I don’t mind getting some help.  But we want to experience the game, and we don’t if everyone hands us everything.  I do appreciate help when we get into some trouble of course, thank you Nio and Baline!  LOL  I’ve been trying to tame Argents but both times I have lost the ones I had tamed to predators, one of which was the alpha raptor.  They always seem to be in very high predator areas.

Any suggestion on a good safe spot to tame the argents?

Saleny
    Participant

I know what you mean. I’m pretty proud of all the stuff I have built and each dino I tamed. I even bred my first baby sabertooth today! Argents are really rough to tame on your own. I think most of us have done it with 2 or 3 people so someone can protect while you tame. They are mostly around the bases of the bigger mountains, often surrounded by sabertooth cats, dire wolves and other argents. It usually takes some careful scouting to find one on its own. Please don’t hesitate to ask for help with those.

Saleny
    Participant

Current Version: v244.2

* Fixed issue with Fish endlessly spawning on land near the Redwood Biome.

I also added a Pet Finder mod.  It works the same way the Death Helper does.

Find all your lost pets easily!

★ Ever lost a naughty pet chasing a player or dino to god knows where?

★ Use this to find them again! A must have for pet lovers ;)

★ Also recalls stuck flying pets in the air above you to land, use finder under it to call it down.

★ Light beacon can only be seen by owner player. Directional markers can be seen by anyone.

★ Clean and Stackable like all my mods.

Description
    1. Finds stuck pets that were following you but somehow got stuck far away.
    2. Finds all pets tamed by you and your tribe, that are

★ Not being ridden.

★ Not too near you.

★ Not anywhere near your tribe’s beds, at least 50 floor spaces away (adjustable).

3. A beacon of yellow light will signal Tribe pets location (lasts 20 secs).
    4. A beacon of green light will signal Personal pets location.
    5. Directional markers will also light a horizontal path if
      you are too far away, follow them to the pet’s direction (reuse every 10
      secs).

6. Pet Finder costs 0 points to learn. Costs 1 stone to craft.

I also added the Bino-glass mod

This is an improved spyglass that has a wider field of view, a zoom function and some other features (because the in-game spyglass is pretty annoying). You can learn the Engram for “binoglass” at level 40

Egan
    Participant

Oil rocks are back in the arctic, however, I still don’t see penguins or crystal there.

Saleny
    Participant

There was a good bit of crystal near the oil rocks on the little snowy island between the beach and the ice near my place. Haven’t seen penguins though.

Saleny
    Participant

Updated server to 244.3
    Supposedly the teleport out of the lower south cave bug has finally been fixed!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.