Server Updates

This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Egan 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Saleny
    Participant

One thing that’s pretty impressive is how often ARK is updating it’s code.  I’m starting this thread just to keep you posted as to what version the server is on.  I don’t want to turn on Auto-updates for the server in case there’s a server breaking sort of patch.

Also if there are UI features you really want, they may be available by making a change in the server’s config files.  Let me know if you think of something that would be helpful without being game-breaking.
    6/13/16 Current Version: V242.9 – further server performance enhancements, end of Anniversary event
    6/10/16  Current Version: V242.8 – multi-threading support for server
    6/6/16 Current Version: v242.6

* Made Swamp Fever particle effect not visible from player’s own perspective.

These require server-side update:

* Fixed some Raft exploits (C4-Poker and Breach-Rafts)

* Fixed Naming of Rafts and some other Raft networking stuff

* Reduced the scaling by 50% of Dino Adult Food Consumption rate when
    unstasising. This is to help compensate for the bug fix in v242.0 which
    now correctly utilizes the Adult Food Consumption Rate when unstasising a
    Dinosaur (hence the higher rate of consumption on Giganotosaurus, which
    were one of the few Dinosaurs to use that multiplier).

* Allowed Vaults to be built on Rafts, specifically.

* Made Fortitude slightly more effective for avoiding Disease (90
    Fortitude == 80% reduction in Disease chance, rather than 110 Fortitude)
    v242.5
    Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed a crash that was affecting some Mods/TC’s on/near startup.
    Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed Dino Baby cuddle times erroneously resetting after reloading savegame.

* Improved Argi/Quetz/Ptero/Dimorph eating animations

* Balled Doed’s now only get their damage on autoturret projectiles reduced by 50%, not 100%. Requires server update.

* Can no longer drop picked-up Dinos through structure walls. Requires server update.

* Can no longer Detonate creature-attached C4 through structure walls. Requires server update.

* Diplodocus “friendlyness” no longer plays battle music. Requires server update.

* Fixed issue where you could re-imprint on Baby Dinos.
    v242.4

* Further improved server & clients CPU performance by approximately 5%

* Fixed issue where turrets wouldn’t target someone who had C4’s stuck all over their body. Now, Boom. Requires server update.

6/3/16 Current Version: v242.3

Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed issue with Leech Blood not being storable in Icebox/Preserving Bins. Requires Server Update.

* Performance improvements to server yielding 20-25% perf increase. Also improves Client CPU utilization.

* Changed Rhino Horn requirement to Narcotic on Lesser Antidote. Made Lesser Antidote Disease Immunity last 3 minutes.

* Leech Blood now spoils after 3 hours (Stackable in Quantities of 50),
    can be stored in Fridge. Made leech blood more common to harvest.

* Made Swamp Fever increase movement speed by 20% and decrease rate of food, water, and oxygen consumption by 50%.

* Made Swamp Fever not able to be transmitted through collisions/walls.

* Among current non-human creatures, now only Tamed Dodos can be
    infected with Swamp Fever. (as intended). Any existing infected dinos
    are cleared on sever launch.

* Bug Repellent now repels Leeches and bug repellent now works when applied to your Tamed Dinos

* Attached Leech no longer drains Stamina.

* Reduced rate by about 70% of Diseased Leeches in Swamps, as intended.

* Water/Amphibious creatures are no longer targeted by Leeches. (swamp native ;)

* Dinos will not play the eat animation so often when autonomously eating

* Fixed another value that was increasing rate of Quetz food consumption, is now fully back to original values.

* New Server Options

?NonPermanentDiseases=true

This will make Diseases not permanent (you will then lose them if you respawn).

?PreventDiseases=true

This will completely disable Diseases on the server. (thus far just ‘Swamp Fever’).

* Fixed appearance of “blue fog” on the Cave-water material.
    v242.2
    Unversioned Hotfix: Fixed missing Mac binaries that was causing Mac to crash.

* Fixed an issue where some mods were causing certain creatures to have 0 Food or not gain any Food from eating. Requires server update.

6/2/16 Current Version: v242.0

* ‘ARK’s Awesome Anniversary’ 1-week Event: Get Ready to Make some Birthday Wishes for Limited Run Items!

* New Creature: Diplodocus!

* New Creature: Leech!

* New Structure: Training Dummy. You can attack this dummy without fear
    of destroying it, and it will display floating Damage Per Second values
    so you can see how strong your Dino Army really is.

* New Mechanic: Permanent Diseases & Cures (Player-Contagious Swamp Fever!!!!)

* Tribe Groups Phase 2: Support for Limited Non-Admin Invites &
    Promotions/Demotions per Group! Also “Prevent Dino Unclaiming” checkbox,
    and other new per-Rank options.

* Dragon Arena

* Added option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions

* Added server option to override per-Item Crafting costs

* Added server option to override the loot tables for each kind of supply crate

* Added server option to limit number of members in Tribes. Default: no limit.

* Added ‘Follow Range’ ( Low/Medium/Far) Setting Per Tamed Dino

* Multi-Seat Saddles (Galli, Diplodocus, etc) Dinos now have an option to Enable Public Seating. Dino Taxi service, ahoy!!!

* Servers can now optionally enable an “offline raiding prevention”
    mode which will make Dinos/Structures invincible if no owner is
    logged-in (indicated via the head whether the owner player/tribe is
    logged-in or not). Recommend that server owners utilize this with care,
    as it  may have undesired side effects in a competitive environment.
    (e.g.:
    ?PreventOfflinePvP=true?PreventOfflinePvPInterval=60.0?PvPDinoDecay=true?PvPStructureDecay=true)

* Added Alpha Mosasaurus (contains lots of Black Pearls)

* Alpha creatures XP reduced by 45%

* Auto-Turrets can no longer be built on Quetz/Sauro/Mosa/Plesi/Paracer
    platforms (Plant turrets can’t be grown on them). Any existing turrets
    on such platforms will no longer fire. This is a server option of
    “?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true”. Otherwise they’re now only
    allowed on Rafts and non-moving Bases.

* Plant Turrets now consume Fertilizer per shot, and also will not shoot if no water is in the crop plot.

* Approximate +100% increase to Saurupod and Paraceratherium respective Weight stats.

* Breeding Mechanics Phase 2: Interactive Baby Raising

* Optional RPG Stat Mode: Displays Floating In-World Damage Numbers for all Player-Related Damage Events.

* Fixed issue where Quetz platform could create floating structures

05/19/16 Current Version 241.2

05/17/16 Current Version 241.1

* Fixed critical issue with Flyer Saddles Disappearing and Dinos Falling thru Structures/Bases on game load.
    v241.0

* Added The Center Official ARK Mod/Map as Free DLC

* Added new 100-player ‘The Center’ Official Servers

* Improved Non-TrueSky Sky & Lighting (+ SM4/Mac/Linux)

* Significant server PhysX & Networking optimization

* You can now pickup and toss Dodos & Dung Beetles. Rejoice!

* Fixed the huge stall/lock when you “Transfer” a bunch of items at once

* Arthropluera “Turret” AI mode option: won’t move and will only used ranged attack against targets.

* Warmap now dynamically shows the mini-map texture of whatever level you’re playing on (even with Mod maps :)

* Anonymous Dedicated Server package is now only 4GB! (down from like 30 GB)

5/9/16 – As of today server is version 240.6
    I updated the server config to change Dino Taming from 3x to 5x (so taming times should be shorter)
    Added Crosshairs (just for you Nio, unless we all find it really annoying)

Egan
    Participant

Thank you Saleny!  I guess in first person it’s not so bad, but I prefer to play in 3rd person and it’s difficult trying to figure out the aim point.

Saleny
    Participant

Added a new Mod to the server – Death Helper
    You should see a new Engram you can learn that costs zero points for a corpse finder. It requires 1 stone to make the corpse finder that will guide you to your body and even pull a body out of the ground if for some reason it has glitched into the terrain. I’m not generally a fan of mods as they can take away from the challenge of the game, but we’ve had more than one person lose a corpse to the terrain and this mod is the only one I know of that fixes the problem with the game until the developers come up with a way to fix it permanently.

I’ve also updated the dino tamer to 10x so it should be even a bit faster.  If you feel it is too fast and taking the risk away from the reward, please let me know.

Mahinaaka
    Participant

Whoohoo!!!

Mahinaaka
    Participant

To Egan… I play 3rd person mostly but I switch to first person to aim things.

Saleny
    Participant

Good news – patch 242 should be coming sometime today – I’ll update the server as soon as we’ve got the client download on Steam

Bad news – biome update will not happen for another 2 weeks until after E3 so building in the center island or in the snow region is not recommended until after that update

Even worse news – LEECHES!!!!

https://youtu.be/SCptFi1elDQ

Be sure to check out the patch notes!

**Update – patch is live on the server – see notes in first post**

Mahinaaka
    Participant

Hmm ok so I read your post earlier today… Why did I not think to turn my desktop on and download the patch earlier?  Evening internet rates suck and I don’t think I’ll make it on tonight while it’s SLOWLY downloading.

On the bright side… Our neighbor pointed out last weekend that there are fiber optic cables right in front of our house!  So I’m looking into fiber optic internet!

Saleny
    Participant

Fiber would be so much faster for you! *crosses fingers*

Updated the server again this morning. They are still tweaking the leeches and disease. I do have the capability of turning the disease off altogether if you discover it’s really broken.  I don’t like removing challenge from the game unnecessarily, but we are still playing what is essentially a beta version of the game and there may be bugs/game states that are just not working fairly. So, let me know if you run into problems.

I’m thinking we’ll just keep Zach in quarantine and we should all be fine
    ;)

Mahinaaka
    Participant

Wow… The company only offers business service and it’s $350 a month!  Yeesh!  I’m going to have to pay that at some point when we get our lavender farm running, and maybe when I start a medical coding job from home, but for now, no way!

There are diseases?  Wow!

Saleny
    Participant

Had to temporarily disable the Death Helper mod as some folks couldn’t log in with it active. If you lose your corpse in terrain and Falc, myself or Dhark are online we can use admin commands to go through terrain to get your stuff, so let us know. 

Saleny
    Participant

Re-enabled Death Helper Mod.  If you try to connect to the server and receive a Mod-Mismatch Error please see this thread: https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2511-for-anyone-having-mod-mismatch/

Saleny
    Participant

Current server version is 242.9
    I’ve also increased the multiplier for structures on rafts to 1.5, so you should get about 144 items on rafts.  If you need more, let me know.

Oraibie
    Participant

Thank you  :)

Egan
    Participant

So … found that the hard limit on rafts is 132 … just verified last night. =)

Saleny
    Participant

I’ll bump the limit with the patch update.

FYI – This may affect LethalStrike, not sure about anyone else, but they made some quick changes to the wall marking the biome change today.  https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/70344-psa-ark-biome-walls-updated/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.