Scorched Earth Expansion for ARK

Home Forums Survivor’s Island – ARK: Survival Evolved Scorched Earth Expansion for ARK

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Saleny 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Oraibie
    Participant

Saleny
    Participant

I’m still waiting for a lot more information on that. No one can confirm that it’s compatible with The Center map and it will basically require a whole 2nd server in order to operate it if we want to go back and forth between our current map and the new scorched earth.  Otherwise it means another server wipe and starting in Scorched Earth with no option to go back to the “old world” so to speak.

Dharkamen
    Participant

I would rest assured that we will have this available to play one way or another… either renting another server (I could do it) or using our current server.   Its one of those things where we need to determine if its worth getting another server.  If the consensus is to keep the current server, we’d rent another one for the sake of people that spend the $20 for the DLC and want to play.

Some things we don’t know (assuming 2 servers):
     – Can you transfer from our current server to the new one?
     – If you make a new character on the new server and transfer to the old one, does your old character disappear?

Saleny
    Participant

Just an update –

Based on information from ARK devs, Scorched Earth needs to be hosted on the SAME server in the SAME directory in order to function.  This means that buying a 2nd server instance wouldn’t work.  However, our server hosting company SurivivalServers posted today that they are working hard on a way to make Scorched Earth function alongside existing maps on current servers.  I’ll keep y’all updated as soon as I know anything.

Saleny
    Participant

SurvivalServers has implemented a way for us to go back and forth from TheCenter to Scorched Earth with our characters, however it’s rather complicated and involved starting/stopping/restarting the server, so an Admin would have to be on to do it for you and basically, while people are in SE that will be the active server map.

Here’s how it works –

First, we go to the obelisk and upload ourselves – we drop all items and at that point technically don’t exist on The Center anymore

Then Admin goes to the server control panel – toggles on Transfer Mode to Scorched Earth – restarts the server

After the server restarts the previously uploaded players log in and now they are on Scorched Earth (if you did NOT upload your character, you would have to make a new survivor to play on that map)

Then… if we want to go back to The Center, we must do the same thing in reverse – upload ourselves, our gear and dinos to the pillar thereby removing ourselves from Scorched Earth (again, if you didn’t upload yourself in SE, you’d be a new survivor on the Center when we return)

Admin goes to the server control panel – toggles on Transfer Mode to The Center – restarts the server

We log in on The Center and download our gear and dinos from the obelisk. This does allow us to bring engrams, items and dinosaurs from Scorched Earth into our Center map.

This might be worth doing on a day when a lot of us are online so we can coordinate through Mumble. It generally only takes 5 minutes or so to restart the server each time.

In addition, it is possible to add all of the Scorched Earth dinos and items to our The Center map. I’d have to do a little research to see exactly how it’s done, but it’s definitely possible!
    https://youtu.be/4vu5-YclbAw

Oraibie
    Participant

If not all of us purchased the expansion, those that haven’t can’t play until the rest decide to go back to center map? Maybe I misunderstood. 

Saleny
    Participant

You are correct, Oraibie. That’s why the way they did this expansion is so terrible. I have found a mod that should allow all the Scorched Earth dinos and engams on the Center map that I will be testing. I just wanted you to know it is possible to go back and forth on our current server if you wanted to.

Saleny
    Participant

It appears that mod I found yesterday has been pulled from Steam.  I’m guessing, Wildcard didn’t want anyone to have the stuff for free…. The search continues…

Egan
    Participant

Call me crazy, but how do you issue an expansion when the original game isn’t even out of development?  lol.  It does look awesome though!

Mahinaaka
    Participant

That was my EXACT same question Egan!

LethalStrike
    Participant

as someone pointed out to me, the expansion is a money grabber for further development of the base game of Ark.

Saleny
    Participant

I’ve been following our server host (SurvivalServers) forum pretty closely and it sounds to me like they are exploring avenues to allow 2 concurrent versions of the server running at the same time, but what it really comes down to is that Wildcard needs to change a couple (supposedly very simple) things in the way their server piece works. It may come down to a paid upgrade to our current plan, which I have no problem with as long as the price is reasonable and it works properly.

I have not, and will not purchase the DLC until it can be used on our unofficial server the way it works on their “official” ones.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.