NEW SERVER – ARK: Scorched Earth!

Home Forums Survivor’s Island – ARK: Survival Evolved NEW SERVER – ARK: Scorched Earth!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Saleny 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Dharkamen
    Participant

We now have an official rented Scorched Earth server!

This is using the same host as our Center map server.  
    Sadly transfers to/from these two servers is not possible at the moment.  This is a limitation of the host unfortunately.
    The server name is SilentStrike-SE if you search for it.  The ip address is: 167.114.211.106:17416
    The settings for this server are similar to our Center server.  The exp rate is a bit increased over the current one.
    The password is the same as the Center server.
    Enjoy!

Dharkamen
    Participant

I’m also installing all the same mods the Center server has.  

Saleny
    Participant

Just an FYI. Baline has beeen generous enough to pay for the next two months on The Center server, but if folks would rather play Scorched Earth, I’ll just shut it down at the end of October. It takes a lot of my time to make sure things stay up to date and operating when you all want to play and it’s not worth it if no one will be using the server. I personally am not all that interested in Scorched Earth.

LethalStrike
    Participant

If you do decide to shut the Center Server down, could i have the server data ? I would be willing to continue to run the server on my own equipement, i have a media server that isnt doing anything other then collecting dust. Was originally setup for an ark server as well. Wouldnt be a big issue for me to run it. saves money for you as well, and ppl who still prefer the original server could still play on it.

Saleny
    Participant

I’ll keep the server running as long as more than Falc and I are playing on it. If we do shut it down, I’ll definitely back it all up and send you the data if you want.

It’s not the cost of running the server that’s really the issue. I have to check 2 or more times a day, pretty much every day to see if ARK has issued an update, then of course update/restart the server each time when no one is on it, so sometimes I have to keep checking until no one is online.  When things go down, I’m getting messages while I’m out to dinner, visiting family or just trying to relax and watch television, because other people want to play. I understood going in that that would be my responsibility, but if the majority of people won’t even be using the server, I wouldn’t mind giving all that up.

Under normal circumstances keeping the server up to date is not a problem because I work in front of a computer all day, however next week, I will not be in my office much of the time, so I hope Dhark and Egan who also have admin powers for the server can step up and make sure things are kept running for you all. Lethal, if you want an admin account send me your email address and I’ll set you up.  I’ll do my best to keep an eye on it, but updates may not happen until the evenings when I’m home and won’t happen at all Sept. 8-11.

Dharkamen
    Participant

The Center server could also be set up to automatically update when updates are available. It might shut down and update while someone is on; but that’s still better than it being down for hours.  

Saleny
    Participant

Just remember you said that, next time you’ve just hatched an egg or finally knocked out that high level dino you want: )

LethalStrike
    Participant

sure, email me at fyrehawk_74@yahoo.com

Saleny
    Participant

Thanks, Lethal. I sent you the info. It’ll come from gwynwyffar@yahoo.com

Saleny
    Participant

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757455996
    Gonna test out this mod when I have some time.  The comments are pretty mixed, but I’m sure it’s brand new so may go through some revisions before it’s fully functional.

*EDIT* it appears the mod has been pulled from the Steam workshop

Saleny
    Participant

I gave the server info to our good friend Toxyn (John) from Rift Hammerfist Clan. He’s looking for a place to play Scorched Earth.

Toxyn
    Participant

I have a character made up on there now and a mini shelter after many deaths lol have to get used to no water!  Is there a tribe going?

Oraibie
    Participant

Glad you’re with us.  :)

Saleny
    Participant

Please see the forum post about transferring between servers as this SE server is shut down and has been copied to our original server.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.