New Mods – RP decor

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Saleny 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Saleny
    Participant

At Oraibie’s suggestion, I’ve added 2 new mods to the server RP decor and Scorched Earth RP decor. They are supposedly fully stackable mods that shouldn’t interfere with anything that add some additional decor items to both maps.

Details are here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741203089
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764241499

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Oraibie
    Participant

*claps hands excitedly* ooh thank you. I can’t wait to use it.  :)

Toxyn
    Participant

I don’t know if it is because of the mods or the fact I moved over to Center but I’ve been getting nothing but connection timeout lost connection to host messages tonight.  Got them for a good bit last night too.

Egan
    Participant

I got that 4 or 5 times while trying to log into the server the other night because of the mod downloads.  

Oraibie
    Participant

There was a new update to the server so maybe the mods need updating as well. We have 3 other mods besides this one that could have been the ones hanging us up.

Toxyn
    Participant

Updates are most likely the culprit, I know that has caused me to not be able to log in before.

Saleny
    Participant

Egan, Baline, LethalStrike, Dharkamen, Falconwing and myself all have the ability to update the server if there are any problems. I can create a sub-account for anyone else that is interested in doing this, just let me know. You don’t need to wait for me to do updates. Just ask one of the other folks if they are around. It’s as simple as logging into the server control panel, choosing Update/Validate, Save and Restart and wait until the server says Ready.

I check the server every morning around 9am EST and run updates as needed(as long as no one is on the server), but I’m not playing ARK that much, so might miss updates that happen later in the day. When the server is updated, the mods get updated with it, but there is no method of notification of a mod being updated (and therefore the server needing to be updated too) that I know of. They post server updates on the ARK forums, but not mods. Server is updated to 247.8 as of this morning.

The current server version always shows in the banners on the home page here.

Toxyn
    Participant

I wasn’t trying to cast any blame because I know we all have lives and different times in game.  I just didn’t wan’t Oraibie to think I was blaming the mods for the issue as I know she seemed very excited to have them there.  I apologize if it came off that way.

Toxyn
    Participant

And if it would make life easier and less stressful I’d be happy to help with server management if its as easy as what you posted. I’ve never done it before but it looks like I could handle it to help out.

Saleny
    Participant

Oh, I didn’t mean to come off like I was feeling to blame or anything! I just want everyone to know that if there are issues there are a lot of other folks that can update or restart the server if there are problems if I’m not around. No one should feel like they need to wait for me. That’s why we have other admins, so you don’t need to wait.

Like I said, I check once a day, but Wildcard does updates at random times and it might affect you in the evening. If you want a login, Tox, just pm me nd let me know which email to use and I’ll set you up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.