Cross server upgrade now available

Home Forums Survivor’s Island – ARK: Survival Evolved Cross server upgrade now available

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Saleny 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Saleny
    Participant

SurvivalServers has added a new option for the ARK server. It would basically double the monthly fee, but it would allow us to travel back and forth between the Center and Scorched Earth as we please without having to disable any map. Since folks have been contributing to server fees, I don’t mind doing it if enough folks are interested. It might be possible to copy a backup from Dhark’s server for the SE half.

Egan
    Participant

That would be great. I’m definitely open to contributing additional funds as well.

Saleny
    Participant

Thanks to Lethalstrike for his generous donation, I’ve been coordinating with Dhark to change our Center server into a cluster server and copy his Scorched Earth server over, so we should be able to travel freely between the servers. Once the copy is made, he’ll shut down his server. We may have to do some juggling with tribe membership and such, so once the cluster is active, it might be best not to try cross-ark travel until one or both of us are on to make sure the tribe settings work right. I’ve submitted a ticket to SurvivalServers to have them help us with the cluster set up. In the mean time you should be able to play on either server normally. I’ll let ya know when we’re good to go.

Saleny
    Participant

It may not be possible to copy the backup from Dhark’s server (still waiting on a coherent answer). If this wasn’t possible, would you be heartbroken?

Saleny
    Participant

The IP for the Scorched Earth through the cluster is 158.69.226.45:18525

Saleny
    Participant

OK – here’s where we are as of today. We’ve tested the cross-ark travel and it works.  I’ve heard from SurvivalServers that we should be able to load Dhark’s backup onto our Scorched Earth cluster so that those of you that have been building on his server will have access to everything you’ve done. Dhark is going to try to test that out tonight.

If the backup does work, then the only wonky thing will be the Tribe status of every one. Because it was on a different server, everyone is technically on a different tribe on each map. This will affect dino ownership and building ownership. What I think we will try to do is merge tribes.  Since I don’t have a toon on SE, I can go there, and merge Silent Strike with silentstrike(the SE tribe) and then folks should not lose dino ownership or buildings.  You WILL have to decide which character to stick with going forward.

We can spawn in Mind Wipe potions for everyone so you can reset your Engrams to what you need and can also spawn in blueprints or give specific engrams if needed.

In the meantime, I would recommend NOT attempting the travel back and forth as the current SE map is going to be replaced.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.