Chat box issue

Home Forums Site Issues Chat box issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saleny 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Egan
    Participant

New format looks great, Sal!

I was attempting to leave a comment in the chat box on the home page, but it is not functioning correctly. Text entered and click the Submit button which then changes to Please wait, however, the process never completes. I saw it worked for Ziboo on Thursday, but you know me and how I break things. =)

This was checked on Firefox (v56.0), Chrome (v61.0.3163.100), Edge, and IE11. I also tried again after making sure cookies were enabled since that kept throwing a warning every time I log in.

Saleny
    Keymaster

I think it’s just you Egan, it worked fine for me…
    Might be worth logging out of the site and back in, maybe there’s a corrupted fel cookie causing an issue.

Gralli
    Participant

Not just Nio, but me as well… Tried to comment today using FF 57.0… Enter text, hit submit, then it just sits there…. left browser up for over an hour and still nothing… Refreshed screen, comment is not there and box was reset.

Saleny
    Keymaster

So, I did some digging and it appears that the plugin would only allow Admins to post. The plugin hasn’t been updated for 3 years and is no longer supported so I have a feeling that with the recent security enhancements to WordPress, there’s no easy way for me to get it to function so I’ve disabled and removed it. /Mourn chat box
    Funny thing is, there’s no viable replacement out there either, since most sites integrate Facebook or Twitter somehow instead.

Hopefully these new forums are much easier to use so you can post a new thread as easily as just adding a chat. Sorry, guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.