Thanks to Jonas over at Riftgrate.com we get a sneak peek at some of the new content coming with Rift Patch 2.6 due sometime in mid-February. The latest Public Test Server patch was over 500mb of data, so this is going to be a big update!
Bloodfire Strongholds will be a new type of event for all levels.
- There are 7 Bloodfire Stronghold Bosses (6 encounters).
- There’s Level 15, 30 and 60 versions.
- They require an Infernal Conduit to summon gained from completing a Bloodfire Behemoth Zone Event.
- They drop Burning Cores used to upgrade a “Torrid Ember”. Upgrading it 50 times turns the Torrid Ember into a Magma Walker mount.
You can read more over at Riftgrate
Some other tidbits as to what is coming in 2.6:
- New Air Saga world event
- Dreamweaving is the new crafting profession that uses artifacts to make dimensions and dimension items
- New mount classifications (hinting at perhaps water or air mounts)
- Unstable Artifacts – a whole new classification and series of collectible artifacts available only during zone events
- New NPCs in Necropolis, new achievements related to the new events and new Planar Squirrel mounts available from collecting Unstable Artifact sets.