Azeroth is about to be changed forever! The Shattering will occur this week with patch 4.0.3a. The patch will bring all the environmental changes of the Cataclysm (and I expect we’ll see Deathwing rear his ugly head finally).
Some of the other things included in the patch are:
- Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed *cry*
- Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
- New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
- New Gnome/Troll starting areas
- Changes to existing zones
- New Cataclysm load screens, cinematic and login screen
- New music
- City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
- Bug fixes
- Class balancing
- Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
- Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
- New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.) – Haven’t you always wanted a monkey?
Some of the things that aren’t in the new patch include Worgen & Goblins and their starting zones, new 80+ zones, professions higher than 450, guild levels and achievements and archaeology, as well as flight in the old world. You’ll have to buy Cataclysm for those things. In the meantime, you can create a new gnome and start in Gnomeregan, or check out some of the new race class combos – Night Elf Mage, Dwarven Shaman, Gnome Priest, Human Hunter to name a few.
See you after the end of the world!
*Update* Patch notes are up – you can read them HERE